- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC - "Mount Rowan Nervous Nellies Ride" Wednesday 15th January 2020
BSTHRC - "Mount Rowan Nervous Nellies Ride" Wednesday 15th January 2020
BSTHRC - "Mount Rowan Nervous Nellies Ride" Wednesday 15th...
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0427 357 941
(NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOK)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: On DAYS OF TOTAL FIRE BAN all rides are automatically cancelled. If extreme weather conditions are forecast for the day of a planned ride or event, it is your responsibility to phone the ride Coordinator to confirm if the ride is still proceeding, or if details have been changed. Day Members must contact the Club before registering online.
Venue 28 Pistol Club Road, Mount Rowan. If travelling from Ballarat, turn right into Pistol Club Road 5 km's past the freeway overpass. If travelling from Creswick, turn left into Pistol Club Road (the road AFTER the Racecourse turn-off), take the 1st driveway on the right. If you cross the railway lines you have missed the drive. There is ample float parking, but please keep off grass/lawn areas. Parking for floats and gooseneck, but please keep off grass/lawn areas.
Ride Description The ride will traverse bush tracks & gravel roads. but be aware that some roads have coarse bluestone gravel, and we recommend barefoot horses be booted. Please come prepared for a saddle bag lunch as this leaves the option to have lunch on track, or back at Nat’s place after the ride, depending on weather and rider consensus.
Riders should arrive about 9.00 am to register and saddle up for a 10 am ride out. Horseless Muster @ 9:45 am - Ride Out Time @ 10.00am sharp.
LUNCH: Lunch as decided on the day, see above.
Ride Fee: $2.00 All BSTHRC members - $5.00 all other ATHRA members & Day Members
Day Members must register online at www.athra.com.au , (pay the $15 ATHRA fee during the online process and $5-00 club fee on the day). Day Members should contact Alan Salter prior to the ride day, and bring printout of your Day Membership. A club “sponsor rider” will be appointed to accompany all Day Members on the ride.
PLEASE READ THE CLUB RULES (OVERLEAF) WHICH MUST BE UNDERSTOOD AND COMPLIED WITH AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATION.
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc.
Club Rules1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay at the time of registering, sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and willingness to comply.
Loading content, please wait.
Location & full address28 Pistol Club Road, Mount Rowan, Victoria
Date & TimeJan 15 2020 at 09:00 AM - Jan 15 2020 at 02:30 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc