- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC - "2019 Christmas Break Up Ride & Camp" Friday 13th to Sunday 15th December 2019
BSTHRC - "2019 Christmas Break Up Ride & Camp" Friday 13th to Sunday 15th December 2019
BSTHRC - "2019 Christmas Break Up Ride & Camp" Friday 13th...
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0427 357 941
(NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOK)IMPORTANT NOTICE: On DAYS OF TOTAL FIRE BAN all rides are automatically cancelled. If extreme weather conditions are forecast for the day of a planned ride or event, it is your responsibility to phone the ride Coordinator to confirm if the ride is still proceeding, or if details have been changed.
Once again we are going to John Brady’s property at LOT 72 Grubbed Road, Enfield. There is ample room for camping with horses, with communal paddock available if you do not wish to erect your own yards. Sufficient room for goosenecks too. Members are welcome to attend for the Saturday dinner only, and/or ride on either day, but nominations indicating your intentions and any special dietary requirements are required for catering purposes. Hot showers and toilet facilities are available, as well as a sheltered gazebo for socializing and meals. The Club will provide Saturday’s night’s dinner and Sunday’s breakfast, expertly prepared by Hans and his happy helpers. The club welcomes ATHRA members from other clubs who have ridden with us during the year. Please remember to bring a camp chair for the dinner.NOTE: All dogs must be suitably restrained at all times. PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG.
Members (and families) can arrive on Friday afternoon and set up camp, a casual ride will be arranged. Saturday will involve a full day’s ride with saddle bag lunch, commencing about 10.30am so please arrive in time to saddle up and register. The ride will be followed by drinks and nibbles before the sumptuous Christmas dinner. Participants are required to provide all personal food and horse feed etc., other than the Saturday night dinner and Sunday’s breakfast. There will be a very easy ride conducted on Sunday morning before lunch and packing up. The Club will be conducting a raffle/s at the camp with great prizes. Details of “Special Dietary Requirements” should be provided when Nominating.Horseless Muster Saturday @ approximately 10 am
Ride Out Time @ approximately 10.30 amRide Fee:
NO CHARGE FOR BSTHRC MEMBERS - $10.00 for family members and all other ATHRA members. This event is only open to Club members & families and other ATHRA Members who have ridden with us during the year. (No Day Members.)
AUCTION & RAFFLES ON SATURDAY NIGHT:
The Club has numerous great prizes for raffles, including horse rugs, saddle rack, stable hay rack and other useful horsey items etc. If you have any unwanted items suitable for a raffle please contact Alan. Please bring your spare coin/notes (or cheque book), as the proceeds help to pay for the weekend.FUN & TRIVIALITY :
The Committee is looking at ways we can enjoy and entertain ourselves during the evening after dinner and invite members to contact Alan with their ideas or suggestions.
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc.
Club Rules1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay the ride fee when registering and sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee. They must display a blue ribbon.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and a willingness to comply.
Location & full addressLOT 72 Grubbed Road, Enfield, Victoria
Date & TimeDec 13 2019 at 01:00 PM - Dec 15 2019 at 03:00 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc