- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC - LANDSBOROUGH – Melbourne Cup Weekend Camp Friday 2nd to Tuesday 6th November 2018
BSTHRC - LANDSBOROUGH – Melbourne Cup Weekend Camp Friday 2nd to Tuesday 6th November 2018
BSTHRC - LANDSBOROUGH – Melbourne Cup Weekend Camp Friday...
IMPORTANT NOTICE: On DAYS OF TOTAL FIRE BAN all rides are automatically cancelled. If extreme weather conditions are forecast for the day of a planned ride or event, it is your responsibility to phone the ride Coordinator to confirm if the ride is still proceeding, or if details have been changed.
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0427 357 941
(NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOK)
VENUE: Landsborough Community Recreation Reserve, is accessed off Burke or McKinlay Streets, Landsborough. Participants may arrive at the venue from midday Friday the 2nd. You may choose to stay for all or as many days as time allows, but you will have to nominate so the Club can organize catering and rides.FACILITIES: Camping is permitted around the reserve or on the adjacent paddock (over a bridge from reserve). There is ample room with flat, well grassed sites, and good access roads. There is a large shed where we will socialize, and showers and toilet facilities. The club will also provide an additional portable toilet close the shed. The shed provides great shelter, facilities for tea and coffee, music etc., and will be open 24/7. The Club is purchasing firewood and a communal camp fire will be established, BUT NO INDIVIDUAL CAMP FIRES ARE PERMITTED. There is ample water for humans and horses. BYO portable yards, electric taped yards preferred as there is no communal paddock. A trailer will be available to collect horse manure, please bring a chaff bag for manure to assist with collection. Arrangements have been made for locals to collect all manure bags. The area abounds with wineries and places of interest to visit, the townships of Stawell, Ararat and Avoca within easy travelling distance.
RIDES: We will be riding in the beautiful Pyrenees Ranges over tracks used by the 2002 Tom Quilty Gold Cup, but shortened and modified to suit our needs, (and make it easier). A very easy casual ride will be arranged on Friday afternoon for those interested. Rides will be conducted on each of the days, and will vary from day rides with saddlebag lunch, to morning and afternoon rides with lunch at the venue. This is gold mining country, at times hard and rough underfoot, and tracks vary from steep hills to flat and undulating. Horses will require a reasonable degree of fitness (this will be an excellent top up for those going to the Snowies), and should be adequately shod or at least booted up if barefoot. There will be a horseless muster prior to each ride.Participation Fee: The cost for the weekend is $40 per person, or $50 per family. This covers the hire of the venue, toilet hire, 24/7 tea and coffee, camp fire wood provided, and all ride fees. Camp fees should be paid by direct deposit, or electronic funds transfer into the Club’s Account with the Bendigo Bank, BSB633-000, Account Number 155 873 003, please quote your name and the reference “Lands Camp”, (add a suitable reference if paying for the Sunday night 2 course dinner).
Nominations: Rider numbers will be restricted to a maximum of 29 due to Parks Vic limitations, (non-riding attendees are not included), so please nominate early to assist planning. Nominations should be lodged by the 20th October 2018.Day Members: Those wishing to ride as Day Members must contact Alan Salter prior to registering online to ensure there is a ride position available. Day Members may only participate for a maximum of 2 days riding and the $15 Day membership fee applies to each day (total $30 for 2 days).
After consulting Alan Day Members should register online at www.athra.com.au , (pay the $15 ATHRA fee for each day, max 2 days, during the online process and $40-00 camp fee by EFT into the Club Account). Day Members must contact Alan Salter prior to registering, and bring printout of their Day Membership for production to Club. A club “sponsor rider” will be appointed to accompany all Day Members on their ride day.
SATURDAY NIGHT PUB DINNER: As usual the Club has made a Saturday night dinner booking for 20 at the Moonambell Hotel. The meals are always very good and this is traditionally always a great social night. Please advise Alan if you wish to attend when nominating for the Camp. If numbers exceed 20 we will try to make suitable arrangements. Participants are responsible for payment of their dinner costs on the night.
SUNDAY NIGHT DINNER: We have arranged a catered 2 course dinner at the Landsborough Recreation Reserve Complex on Sunday night. This involves “no driving” so members can let their hair down and stroll back to their camps instead of worrying about designated drivers etc. The cost of the dinner is $25 per head, to be paid with the $40 participation fee when nominating. Those paying the “Family” fee should add $25 per head for each dinner required. Your eft deposit into the Club account should have an appropriate reference.
FOOD AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS: You must bring all your personal food, drink and camping requirements; as well as all your horse feed, rugs, portable yards, buckets, feed bag for manure collection etc. If bringing hay please bring only clean weed free hay or Lucerne.CABIN ACCOMODATION: Some cabin accommodation is available adjacent to the grounds, for further information on this please contact Alan Salter re bookings and the required deposit.
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc. Club Rules1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay at the time of registering, sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and willingness to comply.
Loading content, please wait.
Location & full addressLandsborough Community Recreation Reserve, Burke or McKinlay Streets, Landsborough, Victoria
Date & TimeNov 02 2018 at 12:00 AM - Nov 06 2018 at 02:00 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc