- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC - "Magpie Trail Ride" followed by Lunch & Socialising – Sunday 29th July 2018
BSTHRC - "Magpie Trail Ride" followed by Lunch & Socialising – Sunday 29th July 2018
BSTHRC - "Magpie Trail Ride" followed by Lunch &...
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at email@example.com or 0427 357 941
(NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOK)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: On DAYS OF TOTAL FIRE BAN all rides are automatically cancelled. If extreme weather conditions are forecast for the day of a planned ride or event, it is your responsibility to phone the ride Coordinator to confirm if the ride is still proceeding, or if details have been changed.
VENUE: 11 McDougall Drive Magpie, hosted by Alan & Carole. Please park floats as directed.
RIDE: This will be a leisurely ride of approximately 3 to 3.5 hours through the pine plantation and to Mt Clear and back. The tracks are mostly undulating and reasonable underfoot with some stones, but suitable for running barefoot. We propose having lunch back at the house, BBQ facilities available. BYO meat, other food and drinks etc. Plenty of water for washing horses etc.
Please arrive about 9.00 am to register and saddle up for a 10 am (sharp) ride out.
Horseless Muster @ 9:30 am
Ride Out Time @ 10.00am sharp.
LUNCH: Lunch is BYO everything back at the house, tea and coffee available. BYO choice of food and drink.
Ride Fee: $2.00 All BSTHRC members - $5.00 all other ATHRA members & Day Members
Day Members must register online at www.athra.com.au , (pay the $15 ATHRA fee during the online process and $5-00 club fee on the day). Day Members should contact Alan Salter prior to the ride day, and please bring printout of your Day Membership for production to Club. A club “sponsor rider” will be appointed to accompany all Day Members on the day.
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc.
1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay at the time of registering, sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and willingness to comply.
Loading content, please wait.
Location & full address11 McDougall Drive, Magpie Victoria
Date & TimeJul 29 2018 at 09:00 AM - Jul 29 2018 at 03:00 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc