Be a part of Australia’s premier representative body for Trail Horse Riders.
Ride with confidence when you have an ATHRA club membership.
ATHRA provides members with great value and benefits.
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0427 357 941
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please read the attached Covid – 19 Protocols on page 2.
NOMINATIONS & FEES:
Day Members and ATHRA members from other clubs are welcome to nominate. All nominations must be emailed in the following format to email@example.com , no exceptions: All ride fees must be in a sealed envelope labelled with your name, & the ride name & date, to be placed in a receptacle at the ride. BYO envelope with exact money, no monies will be handled and no change given. Day Members must contact Alan Salter before registering online.
RIDE FEES – Club Members $2 – Day Members and other ATHRA Members $5.
I, (enter your name), wish to nominate for the Inverleigh NN Trail Ride on the 24th June 2021. I declare that I have not knowingly been exposed to Covid-19 and that I do not feel unwell, nor do I have a cold or flu like symptoms. My Emergency Contact is, (enter contact name & phone No).
Hint – Copy & paste nomination to your email, add your details & hit send. DO NOT SEND FLYER BACK AS YOUR NOMINATION.
Links Track, Inverleigh 3321 – Travelling from Ballarat via the Midland Highway, turn right at the Buninyong roundabout into Warrenheip Street, which becomes the Buninyong-Mount Mercer Road. Travel 17.33 kilometres to Rokewood-Shelford Road and turn left (towards Geelong). Travel 28.5 kilometres and turn right into Teesdale-Inverleigh Road, then travel 10.5 kilometres and turn left into Common Road. Drive about 1 kilometre and turn right into Links Track which is before the entrance to the Golf Course. Parking is on the verge of Links Track near the start of the Inverleigh Bush. This is an open area and other floats will be visible as you approach.
The ride will take in about 13 kilometres of the Inverleigh Bush, on nice sandy tracks, no need for shoes. There are 2-wheel vehicle and single file tracks with some washed out sections, and two main road crossings. Tracks are suitable for trotting and cantering if riders wish. We will be returning the floats for lunch, so BYO food and drink. BYO water for horses, no toilet facilities, (other than the bush).
Please arrive by 9.00 am to register and saddle up for a punctual ride out at 10am. Horseless Muster will be held prior to a ride out at9.45am.
Back at floats after the ride.
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club - Covid-19 Ride Protocols – revised 26/02/21.
1. No more than 50* riders will be permitted to attend a ride or event during Government imposed restrictions relating to the Covid-19 Pandemic. (*Number subject to revision).
2. If more than 50* nominations are received for a ride, a ballot will be held to determine who will ride. (A rider who is balloted out of a ride shall have priority at their next ride).
3. All attendees must nominate by email to Alan Salter. The nomination will be filed and regarded as an electronic signature on the Attendance Register, and must include:
(a) A declaration or comment that the nominee has not knowingly been exposed to Covid-19 and they do not feel unwell or have a cold or any flu like symptoms, and
(b) An Emergency Contact name & phone number.
4. If subsequent to nominating for a ride, a nominee has contact with Covid-19, becomes unwell, or has cold or flu like symptoms, they MUST immediately advise the Club and MUST NOT attend the ride.
5. To avoid unnecessary risk of contamination attendees will NOT be required to sign the actual Ride Attendance Register.
6. All Ride Attendance Registers used during the Government restriction period shall include an acknowledgement that the attendee does not feel unwell or have flu like symptoms. Their emailed nomination will be regarded as a declaration to that effect.
7. The Trail Boss or a Club Official shall have the discretion to exclude a rider if they believe that rider’s participation may place others at risk, and that rider shall leave the venue immediately.
8. All attendees shall conscientiously observe social distancing and remain at least 1.5 metres away from others.
9. The Club will provide hand sanitiser and hand wash at all rides and events. Wherever possible water will be made available for washing of hands.
10. Members must observe recognised biosecurity measures, washing hands regularly and after contact with another rider and / or their equipment or property.
11. Horse floats shall be parked so as to allow good social distancing.
12. The Club recommends that all attendees supply their own towels. There shall be no sharing of tack or equipment, water buckets, sponges, towels etc.
13. Club equipment such as radios will be sanitised before and after each ride.
14. The First Aid kit shall be upgraded to contain face masks, rubber gloves, & hand sanitiser.
15. The Club strongly recommends and asks that members or other persons attending rides or events during the Restriction Period download the COVIDSafe app to their phone.
16. All ride fees must be paid upon arrival at the ride venue, the exact ride fee placed in a named, sealed envelope with the ride name & date. Fees will be reconciled in accordance with recognised biosecurity practice.
17. Day Members and non-Club ATHRA members will NOT be eligible to ride with the Club during Covid-19 Restrictions.
B.S.T.H.R.C. Club Rules
1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and apply appropriate biosecurity strategies at all times.
3. No person shall attend a Club ride or other event if they feel unwell in any way, or have a temperature, or are experiencing cold or flu like symptoms.
4. All participants must pay the ride fee when registering and sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details. (Covid Protocols take precedence.)
5. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
6. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet.
7. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
8. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
9. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
10. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the commencement of the ride.
11. Horses must be appropriately conditioned & fit for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod.
12. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee & must display a blue ribbon on head gear & tail.
13. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended
14. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
15. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
16. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and a willingness to comply.