Be a part of Australia’s premier representative body for Trail Horse Riders.
Ride with confidence when you have an ATHRA club membership.
ATHRA provides members with great value and benefits.
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at email@example.com or 0427 357 941
(NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOK)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: On DAYS OF TOTAL FIRE BAN all rides are automatically cancelled. If extreme weather conditions are forecast for the day of a planned ride or event, it is your responsibility to phone the ride Coordinator to confirm if the ride is still proceeding, or if details have been changed.
This ride is open to Day Members and all ATHRA members. Day Members must ring Alan Salter on 0427 357 941, before registering online. All participants, including Day Members, must complete the Nomination & Health Declaration below, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . NO HEALTH DECLARATION – NO RIDE. Please read the Covid 19 Protocols & Club Rules on page 2. By nominating you indicate your willingness to comply.
NOMINATIONS & FEES: Club Members $2 – other ATHRA members and Day members $5. All ride fees must be in a sealed envelope labelled with your name, & the ride name & date, to be placed in a receptacle at the ride. BYO envelope with exact money, no monies will be handled and no change given.
I, (enter your name), wish to nominate for the Meredith NN Ride on Wednesday 5th May 2021. I declare that I have not knowingly been exposed to Covid-19 and that I do not feel unwell, nor do I have a cold or flu like symptoms. My Emergency Contact is, (enter contact name & phone No).
(Hint – Copy & paste this text to your email nomination & add your details)
VENUE: Meet in Griffiths Road, Meredith, 2 kilometres east of Midland Highway. Host Jen Perdrisat will be in attendance, parking on wide road verges. Travel 26 kilometres along the Midland Highway from the roundabout at Buninyong to Griffiths Road, turn left and travel about 2 kilometres. Safe float & gooseneck parking on the road verge.
RIDE: This ride is on quiet roads with very wide grassy verges, easy to get off in the unlikely event of traffic. The surfaces are fine gravel suitable for well-conditioned barefoot horses, but boots are recommended. This is an excellent ride for NN riders and horses, covering about 13 kilometres before returning to the floats for lunch.
Please arrive about 9.00 am to register and saddle up for a 10 am (sharp) ride out. Horseless Muster @ 9:45 am - Ride Out Time @ 10.00am sharp.
LUNCH: BYO lunch & everything else. No water or toilet facilities available at the venue.
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club - Covid-19 Ride Protocols – revised 22/11/2020
1. No more than 50* riders will be permitted to attend a ride or event during Government imposed restrictions relating to the Covid-19 Pandemic. (*Number subject to revision).
2. If more than 50* nominations are received for a ride, a ballot will be held to determine who will ride. (A rider who is balloted out of a ride shall have priority at their next ride).
3. All attendees must nominate by email to Alan Salter. The nomination will be filed and regarded as an electronic signature on the Attendance Register, and must include:
(a) A declaration or comment that the nominee has not knowingly been exposed to Covid-19 and they do not feel unwell or have a cold or any flu like symptoms, and
(b) An Emergency Contact name & phone number.
4. If subsequent to nominating for a ride, a nominee has contact with Covid-19, becomes unwell, or has cold or flu like symptoms, they MUST immediately advise the Club and MUST NOT attend the ride.
5. To avoid unnecessary risk of contamination attendees will NOT be required to sign the actual Ride Attendance Register.
6. All Ride Attendance Registers used during the Government restriction period shall include an acknowledgement that the attendee does not feel unwell or have flu like symptoms. Their emailed nomination will be regarded as a declaration to that effect.
7. The Trail Boss or a Club Official shall have the discretion to exclude a rider if they believe that rider’s participation may place others at risk, and that rider shall leave the venue immediately.
8. All attendees shall conscientiously observe social distancing and remain at least 1.5 metres away from others.
9. The Club will provide hand sanitizer and hand wash at all rides and events. Wherever possible water will be made available for washing of hands.
10. Members must observe recognized biosecurity measures, washing hands regularly and after contact with another rider and / or their equipment or property.
11. Horse floats shall be parked so as to allow good social distancing.
12. The Club recommends that all attendees supply their own towels. There shall be no sharing of tack or equipment, water buckets, sponges, towels etc.
13. Club equipment such as radios will be sanitized before and after each ride.
14. The First Aid kit shall be upgraded to contain face masks, rubber gloves, & hand sanitizer.
15. The Club strongly recommends and asks that members or other persons attending rides or events during the Restriction Period download the COVIDSafe app to their phone.
16. All ride fees must be paid upon arrival at the ride venue, the exact ride fee placed in a named, sealed envelope with the ride name & date. Fees will be reconciled in accordance with recognized biosecurity practice.
17. Day Members and non-Club ATHRA members will NOT be eligible to ride with the Club during Covid-19 Restrictions.
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Rules
1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay at the time of registering, sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and willingness to comply.