- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC - Smythesdale Rail Trail & Bush Ride Sunday 26th January 2020
BSTHRC - Smythesdale Rail Trail & Bush Ride Sunday 26th January 2020
BSTHRC - Smythesdale Rail Trail & Bush Ride Sunday 26th...
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0427 357 941
(NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOK)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: On DAYS OF TOTAL FIRE BAN all rides are automatically cancelled. If extreme weather conditions are forecast for the day of a planned ride or event, it is your responsibility to phone the ride Coordinator to confirm if the ride is still proceeding, or if details have been changed. Day Members must contact the Club before registering online.Venue: Smythesdale Botanical Gardens - situated off the Glenelg Hwy to the right as you head into Smythesdale from Ballarat. Clean toilets, water & ample safe float parking, with room for goosenecks.
Ride Description: THIS RIDE IS CLASSIFIED AS EASY/INTERMEDIATE.
Due to the ride distance (approx. 25km), riders will be required to trot and/or canter at times.
The Club recommends you DO NOT ATTEND THIS RIDE if you are NOT confident/comfortable trotting in a controlled manner, (with a pace rider to ensure the pace is moderate).
The ride circuit will take you around the Smythesdale/Scarsdale/Newtown area on undulating rail trail/bush tracks/dirt roads, which are mainly good underfoot, shoes/boots are recommended for tender footed horses. The first 6km of the ride will take us along the picturesque Ballarat-Skipton rail trail, where you may encounter an occasional walker or cyclist, the remainder of the ride will consist mainly of bush tracks and dirt roads, however there will be several major road crossings. There was sufficient water for horses on course during the reconnaissance ride.
Please arrive about 9.00 am to register and saddle up for a 10 am ride out. Horseless Muster @ 9:45 am - Ride Out Time @ 10.00am sharp.
LUNCH: Saddle Bag lunch on track.
Ride Fee: $2.00 All BSTHRC members - $5.00 all other ATHRA members & Day Members
Day Members must register online at www.athra.com.au , (pay the $15 ATHRA fee during the online process and $5-00 club fee on the day). Day Members should contact Alan Salter prior to the ride day, and bring printout of your Day Membership.. A club “sponsor rider” will be appointed to accompany all Day Members on the ride.Please read the Club Rules (overleaf) which must be understood and complied with as a condition of participation.
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc.
Club Rules1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay at the time of registering, sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and willingness to comply.
Loading content, please wait.
Location & full addressSmythesdale Botanical Gardens
Date & TimeJan 26 2020 at 09:00 AM - Jan 26 2020 at 03:30 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc