- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC - Mount Beckworth Trail Ride, Wednesday 4th December 2019
BSTHRC - Mount Beckworth Trail Ride, Wednesday 4th December 2019
BSTHRC - Mount Beckworth Trail Ride, Wednesday 4th...
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at email@example.com or text 0427 357 941
NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOKVenue – “Mana Gums Camp Ground”, MT BECKWORTH, CLUNES
Enter via Mountain Creek Road (main entrance) off Keirces Rd. Turn right into Mana Gums Camp Ground at the gate. There is ample float parking in the Camp Ground. Please note that the road in and out is quite steep but is very manageable with 2 horses in a float with a 4 wheel or all-wheel drive vehicle. Two-wheel drive vehicles are not recommended.Ride – This ride will include meandering bridle tracks, and some dirt roads around the flats of Mt Beckworth. There are some rocky sections so barefoot horses will need boots. Some small hills around the base, steep inclines and declines if we ride the summit (weather dependant). There will be opportunity for some trotting and cantering, saddle bag lunch on track. Please note that this is not a Nervous Nellies Ride due to the terrain, but all members are welcome and will be accommodated for.
Facilities – Water is available for horses on track (a dam), but there is none at the Mana Gums Camp Grounds. We recommend you bring water for horses and yourself.Lunch – Saddle Bag lunch on track.
Please arrive about 9.00 am to register and saddle up for a 10 am (sharp) ride out. Horseless Muster @ 9:45 am - Ride Out Time @ 10.00am sharp.RIDE FEE: $2.00 All BSTHRC members. $5.00 all other ATHRA members & Day Members
Prospective Day Members should contact Alan Salter prior to registering on line, and please bring printout of your Day Membership to the trail ride. Day Members must register online at www.athra.com.au , (pay the $15 ATHRA fee during the online process and $5-00 club fee on the day). A club “sponsor rider” will be appointed to accompany all Day Members on the day.
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Rules1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of biosecurity and horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay at the time of registering, sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss/First Aider of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and willingness to comply.
Loading content, please wait.
Location & full addressMana Gums Camp Ground, Mountain Creek Road, Clunes, Victoria
Date & TimeDec 04 2019 at 09:00 AM - Dec 04 2019 at 02:30 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc