- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC - " CORINDHAP NERVOUS NELLIES RIDE" Wednesday 16TH OCTOBER 2019
BSTHRC - " CORINDHAP NERVOUS NELLIES RIDE" Wednesday 16TH OCTOBER 2019
BSTHRC - " CORINDHAP NERVOUS NELLIES RIDE" Wednesday 16TH...
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at email@example.com or 0427 357 941
(NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOK)
On DAYS OF TOTAL FIRE BAN all rides are automatically cancelled. If extreme weather conditions are forecast for the day of a planned ride or event, it is your responsibility to phone the ride Coordinator to confirm if the ride is still proceeding, or if details have been changed.
VENUE: Meeting at Corindhap Recreation Reserve, Halls Road, Corindhap. From Ballarat travel along the Midland Highway to the Colac Road and turn right. Travel approximately 32 kilometres along Colac Road to HALLS ROAD and turn right, the Recreation Reserve is about 500 metres on the right-hand side. Floats will be parked at the Recreation Reserve, toilet facilities available and sufficient room for goosenecks. Our host for the day is Donna Watts.RIDE: This is an easy leisurely “Nervous Nellies Ride” of about 14 kilometres on gravel/sandy roads to Rokewood via the “Kuruc-a-ruc Trail”. Suitable for seasoned barefoot horses, but if in doubt your horse should be booted or shod. There will be a section of riding on a very wide verge for about 500 metres in a 60 KPH zone, but this is quite safe. Riders can take their own saddle bag lunch or purchase lunch and coffee/drinks at the Rokewood Store which has an array of hot food, sandwiches etc. The ride will return to floats after lunch by retracing the route along the “Kuruc-a-ruc Trail”.
Please arrive about 9.00 am to register and saddle up for a 10 am (sharp) ride out.
Horseless Muster @ 9:45 am - Ride Out Time @ 10.00am sharp.LUNCH: Lunch will be at Rokewood (as above), or as decided by riders on the day.
Ride Fee: $2.00 All BSTHRC members - $5.00 all other ATHRA members & Day Members
Day Members must register online at www.athra.com.au , (pay the $15 ATHRA fee during the online process and $5-00 club fee on the day). Day Members should contact Alan Salter prior to the ride day, and please bring printout of your Day Membership for production to Club. A club “sponsor rider” will be appointed to accompany all Day Members on the day.Please read the Club Rules (below) which must be understood and complied with as a condition of participation.
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc.
Club Rules1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay at the time of registering, sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and willingness to comply.
Loading content, please wait.
Location & full addressCorindhap Recreation Reserve, Halls Road, Corindhap
Date & TimeOct 16 2019 at 09:00 AM - Oct 16 2019 at 02:00 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc