- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC - Smiths Bridge to Ditchfield’s Campgrounds Trail Ride, SUNDAY 20th OCTOBER 2019
BSTHRC - Smiths Bridge to Ditchfield’s Campgrounds Trail Ride, SUNDAY 20th OCTOBER 2019
BSTHRC - Smiths Bridge to Ditchfield’s Campgrounds Trail...
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0427 357 941
NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOK
Day Members must register online at www.athra.com.au , (pay the $35 ATHRA fee during the online process and $5-00 club fee on the day). Day Members should contact Alan Salter prior to the ride day, and please bring printout of your Day Membership for production to Club. A club “sponsor rider” will be appointed to accompany all Day Members on the day.
Meet at SMITHS Bridge camping ground off the Beaufort Elmhurst road with ample room for safe float parking. Travel along the Western HWY from Ballarat and turn right at Caltex service station onto King St and continue onto Main Lead Rd. Continue onto Raglan-Elmhurst road the destination will be on the left. It is 18.5km from Caltex service station to Smiths Bridge.
The terrain and riding tracks are undulating to hilly with granitic sand to stony gravel. This will be a ride suitable for fit shod or booted or conditioned barefoot horses. Please note there is opportunity to trot and Canter. BYO everything. Lunch is from saddlebags at Ditchfields campground.
Please arrive about 9.00 am to register and saddle up for a 10 am (sharp) ride out. Horseless Muster @ 9:44 am - Ride Out Time @ 10.00am sharp.
Saddle bag lunch at Ditchfield’s Campgrounds.
$2.00 All BSTHRC members - $5.00 all other ATHRA members & Day MembersBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Rules
1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay at the time of registering, sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and willingness to comply.
Loading content, please wait.
Location & full addressSMITHS Bridge camping ground, Beaufort Elmhurst road
Date & TimeOct 20 2019 at 09:00 AM - Oct 20 2019 at 03:00 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc