- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC -“Wakiti Creek Resort Ride & Camp” Friday 6th to Tuesday 10th March 2020
BSTHRC -“Wakiti Creek Resort Ride & Camp” Friday 6th to Tuesday 10th March 2020
BSTHRC -“Wakiti Creek Resort Ride & Camp” Friday 6th to...
IMPORTANT NOTICE: On DAYS OF TOTAL FIRE BAN all rides are automatically cancelled. If extreme weather conditions are forecast for the day of a planned ride or event, it is your responsibility to phone the ride Coordinator to confirm if the ride is still proceeding, or if details have been changed.
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at email@example.com or 0427 357 941 –
(NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOK)VENUE:
Wakiti Creek Resort – 500 Yambuna Bridge Road, KOTUPNA, Vic. 3638. Contact details Tel: (03) 5867 3237 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , https://www.wakiticreekresort.com.au/ . See attached resort map or follow the link for more details.FACILITIES:
Is the responsibility of each member to make their own booking directly with the Wakiti Creek Resort. Once you have done so please contact me with details and I will add you to the official ride attendance register. The horse paddocks depicted in the map attached to this email show there is plenty of room, but I do not recommend you rely on the permanent horse yards as they are too small. BYO portable yards, electric taped yards preferred for erection in the horse paddocks. The venue has ear marked powered sites for our use but you will have to get in early to get one which suits. Sites 71, 72, 73 and 77 are already booked, which leaves 74, 75, 76, 70, 69, 68 67, 66, 65, and others (56-64) as shown if required, (refer to the map). There is ample room (accommodates goosenecks and trucks) with flat, well grassed sites. For the non-riders there is plenty to do in/near camp, and anglers can catch a Cod in the nearby Goulburn River.
I recently stayed at the Resort to check it out and travelled from Ballarat via Daylesford, Kyneton, Heathcote to the Northern Highway and then to Elmore & Rochester to Echuca. At Echuca turn right at the round about and travel along the Murray Valley Hwy, (it is 38 kilometres from the roundabout to the Camp). You will pass a pub on your left and the Tongala turnoff on your right. Travel 3.6 kilometres past the Tongala turnoff and turn left into CURR Road, travel in a dead straight line on bitumen for 6.5 klms, then about 800 metres of gravel road to Yambuna Road, there is a sign to Wakiti Creek Resort and follow this road for 5.5 klms to the Camp gate on your right. WARNING, I recommend you do not exceed 40 KPH as it is rough and there is a single lane bridge over the Goulburn River. Overall distance from Ballarat was 270 kilometres and it was easy going with a caravan/float.
Thanks go to Regina and Mick for suggesting this camp. Reggie will be guiding us on the local trails, rides run according to the desires of those attending, saddle bag lunches may be had on trail.
Nominations: You must book your own site with the Resort and also nominate with me, (don’t forget to advise re the pub dinner). If you have made an expression of interest you will also have to officially nominate. There will be a ride fee of $5 for club members for the weekend. All other riders $10.Day Members:
Those wishing to ride as Day Members must contact Alan Salter prior to registering online to ensure there is a ride position available. Day Members may only participate for a maximum of 2 days riding and the $15 Day membership fee applies to each day (total $30 for 2 days, plus $10 ride fee).
After consulting Alan, Day Members should register online at www.athra.com.au , (pay the $15 ATHRA fee for each day, max 2 days, during the online process and make your own site booking). Day Members must contact Alan Salter prior to registering, and bring printout of their Day Membership for production to Club. A club “sponsor rider” will be appointed to accompany all Day Members on their ride day.SATURDAY NIGHT PUB DINNER:
The Club will book a Saturday night pub dinner at the Tongala Hotel, (20 minutes’ drive from Camp), but I will need an idea of numbers for a booking. Please indicate your interest or otherwise when you nominate. I can recommend the meals there. Participants are responsible for payment of their dinner costs on the night. Depending on what is going on, other dinner nights can also be arranged.FOOD AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
You must bring all your personal food, drink and camping requirements; as well as all your horse feed, rugs, portable yards, buckets. In line with Club policy please bring clean weed free hay or Lucerne.Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc. Club Rules
1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay at the time of registering, sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and willingness to comply.
PLEASE CONTACT ALAN or LLOYD for THE RESORT CAMP MAP showing site locations.
Loading content, please wait.
Location & full address500 Yambuna Bridge Road, KOTUPNA, Vic. 3638
Date & TimeMar 06 2020 at 10:00 AM - Mar 10 2020 at 10:00 AM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc