- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC - DEREEL NERVOUS NELLIES RIDE – @ 24 Kleins Rd. Wednesday 11th September 2019
BSTHRC - DEREEL NERVOUS NELLIES RIDE – @ 24 Kleins Rd. Wednesday 11th September 2019
BSTHRC - DEREEL NERVOUS NELLIES RIDE – @ 24 Kleins Rd...
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0427 357 941
NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOK
Day Members must register online at www.athra.com.au , (pay the $35 ATHRA fee during the online process and $5-00 club fee on the day). Day Members should contact Alan Salter prior to the ride day, and please bring printout of your Day Membership for production to Club. A club “sponsor rider” will be appointed to accompany all Day Members on the day.
VENUE: Meet at 24 Kleins Road Dereel, (ample safe float parking, see below). Travel south along the Ballarat-Colac Road for about 24 kilometres from the Midland Hwy, turn right into Rokewood Junction-Dereel Road and travel about 1 kilometer, turn left into Kleins Road, the venue is on your right on the corner. Parking will be single file on the grass verge of Kleins Rd, adjacent to the BLACK fence of the property. There is ample room here BUT no parking on actual property. This is a very quiet road with minimal traffic and is quite safe. No need to U turn when leaving as you drive along Klein Rd to Swamp Rd which loops back on to the Ballarat-Colac Rd. You can enter or exit from either Klein or Swamp Roads.
RIDE: This is the first NN ride from this venue, the ride will include bush tracks and some quiet country roads, dirt road riding. We will have a leisurely ride of 2 to 3 hours before returning to the floats for a lunch and socialize. A toilet is available and shelter for lunch if the weather turns wet etc. There are some stone sections BUT it is suitable for barefoot horses. Please note there is opportunity to trot and canter but the ride will be mostly at the walk. Water is available for horses, hot water provided for tea and coffee. The Club will provide tea & coffee but BYO everything else for lunch/snacks.
Please arrive about 9.00 am to register and saddle up for a punctual ride out. Horseless Muster @ 9:45 am - Ride Out Time @ 10.00am sharp.
LUNCH: Lunch back at floats for those who wish to partake and socialize.Ride Fee: $2.00 All BSTHRC members - $5.00 all other ATHRA members & Day Members
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Rules
1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay at the time of registering, sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and willingness to comply.
Loading content, please wait.
Location & full address24 Kleins Road, Dereel, Victoria
Date & TimeSep 11 2019 at 09:00 AM - Sep 11 2019 at 01:00 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc