- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC - Mt Egerton Trail Ride & Lunch – Saturday 27th July 2019
BSTHRC - Mt Egerton Trail Ride & Lunch – Saturday 27th July 2019
BSTHRC - Mt Egerton Trail Ride & Lunch – Saturday 27th...
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0427 357 941
(NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOK)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: On DAYS OF TOTAL FIRE BAN all rides are automatically cancelled. If extreme weather conditions are forecast for the day of a planned ride or event, it is your responsibility to phone the ride Coordinator to confirm if the ride is still proceeding, or if details have been changed.
VENUE: Corner Ballan-Egerton Road & S Main Road, (at the Moorabool River East Branch). There is ample, safe off-road float parking so turn right into S Main Road immediately after you cross the Moorabool River bridge. There will be a Club Sign at this location. Travelling to this venue from the Western Freeway, exit the Freeway and travel south along the Ballan Geelong Road for about 5 kilometres, turn right at Mt Egerton Road and travel for 4.5 kilometres, cross the Moorabool River and immediately turn right into S Main Road, look out for the Club sign. please refer to this link for further assistance https://maps.app.goo.gl/t3DYMKsBoSW2K8Er7 .
RIDE: The ride will be in undulating to hilly country, on bush roads and hopefully some bush bashing. It is good underfoot, but you may need boots if barefoot, you know your horse best. We plan to ride for about 2 hours or so, have a saddle bag lunch on track, and then a shorter ride back to the floats. These details are subject to change depending on weather. Please arrive about 9.00 am to register and saddle up for a punctual ride out. Horseless Muster @ 9:45 am - Ride Out Time @ 10.00am sharp.
LUNCH: Lunch will be BYO saddlebag lunch and drinks.Ride Fee: $2.00 All BSTHRC members - $5.00 all other ATHRA members & Day Members
Day Members must register online at www.athra.com.au , (pay the $15 ATHRA fee during the online process and $5-00 club fee on the day). Day Members should contact Alan Salter prior to the ride day, and please bring printout of your Day Membership for production to Club. A club “sponsor rider” will be appointed to accompany all Day Members on the day.
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc.
1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay at the time of registering, sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and willingness to comply.
Loading content, please wait.
Location & full addressCorner Ballan-Egerton Road & S Main Road, Mt Egerton
Date & TimeJul 27 2019 at 09:00 AM - Jul 27 2019 at 02:30 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc