- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC - "MIDDLE CREEK Camping Ground RIDE" - REVISED DATE - SUNDAY 9TH JUNE 2019
BSTHRC - "MIDDLE CREEK Camping Ground RIDE" - REVISED DATE - SUNDAY 9TH JUNE 2019
BSTHRC - "MIDDLE CREEK Camping Ground RIDE" - REVISED DATE...
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at email@example.com or 0427 357 941
NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOKDay Members must register online at www.athra.com.au , (pay the $35 ATHRA fee during the online process and $5-00 club fee on the day). Day Members should contact Alan Salter prior to the ride day, and please bring printout of your Day Membership for production to Club. A club “sponsor rider” will be appointed to accompany all Day Members on the day.
Middle Creek Camping Ground in Mt. Buangor State Park. Drive West through Beaufort along the Western Highway (about 15km) until you get to a turn off called GOULD’S LANE, at a roundabout. It is a right hand turn off the highway onto a dirt road. It’s 10km to the Middle Creek Camp Ground from the Highway. It is well marked with State Park signs.
We will ride 24 km at 7-10 kph ride through the beautiful Mt Buangor State Park. Spectacular view of Langi Ghiran, huge granite boulders and miles of views from the tracks. The terrain and riding tracks are great. We will be riding on 4wd bush tracks. This will be a moderate to hilly ride suitable for conditioned barefoot horses. Horses will need to be fit as there are some steep climbs. We will be riding past two lots of beehives located just off the riding tracks, fortunately the bees are quiet. The ride will stop about halfway around at Mt. Cole reservoir for lunch, BYO everything for a saddle bag lunch.
Please arrive about 9.00 am to register and saddle up for a 10 am (sharp) ride out. Horseless Muster @ 9:30 am - Ride Out Time @ 10.00am sharp.LUNCH: Saddle bag lunch at Mt Cole Reservoir, bring halters to tie up horse.
Ride Fee: $2.00 All BSTHRC members - $5.00 all other ATHRA members & Day MembersBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Rules
1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay at the time of registering, sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and willingness to comply.
Loading content, please wait.
Location & full addressMiddle Creek Camping Ground, GOULD’S LANE, Beaufort, Victoria.
Date & TimeJun 16 2019 at 09:00 AM - Jun 16 2019 at 03:00 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc