- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC 2019 Labour Day Weekend Camp, Friday 8th to Monday 11th March 2019
BSTHRC 2019 Labour Day Weekend Camp, Friday 8th to Monday 11th March 2019
BSTHRC 2019 Labour Day Weekend Camp, Friday 8th to Monday...
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0427 357 941
(NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOK)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: On DAYS OF TOTAL FIRE BAN all rides are automatically cancelled. If extreme weather conditions are forecast for the day of a planned ride or event, it is your responsibility to phone the ride Coordinator to confirm if the ride is still proceeding, or if details have been changed.
This event will be held at John Brady’s property at LOT 72 Grubbed Road, Enfield where there is ample room for camping with horses, and a communal paddock available if you do not wish to erect your own yards. Members are asked to bring their own personal drinking water and to use the venue water sparingly. There is concern regarding the water supply due to a number of events being held there in March. Hot showers and toilet facilities are available, with a sheltered gazebo for socializing and meals. The riding will be over undulating bush tracks which are suitable for barefoot horses. This is a bring your own everything camp, personal food and drink and all your horse feed requirements. Please remember to bring a camp chair for socialising in the Gazebo.
NOTE: All dogs must be suitably restrained at all times. PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG.
Members (and families) can arrive on Friday afternoon and set up camp. A casual ride may be organised. Saturday will involve a full day’s ride with saddle bag lunch, commencing about 10.30am so please arrive in time to saddle up and register. The ride will be followed by drinks and nibbles before dinner. A BBQ and stove will be available for personal cooking purposes. Remember participants are required to provide all personal food and horse feed etc. A second ride will be conducted on the Sunday, and depending on participant interest, a pub lunch may be arranged. Please indicate your interest in this when nominating. An easy ride will also be conducted on Monday before lunch and packing up.
Horseless Muster Saturday @ approximately 10 am - Ride Out Time @ approximately 10.30 am. Muster and ride out times for Sunday and Monday will be advised at the camp.
The Ride/Camp fee for all participants (riders and friends etc.) will be $5 per head for the weekend, $10 for families. This event is only open to ATHRA members.
NO Day Members at this camp, but if you are not an ATHRA member and wish to attend, you may register online. Go to www.athra.com.au, click on Membership and then “Membership Renewal” or “New Membership Registration”, depending on your circumstances.Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc.
Club Rules1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay the ride fee when registering and sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee. They must display a blue ribbon.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and a willingness to comply.
Loading content, please wait.
Location & full addressLOT 72 Grubbed Road, Enfield, Victoria
Date & TimeMar 08 2019 at 12:00 AM - Mar 11 2019 at 02:00 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc