- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC - "2018 Christmas Break Up Ride & Camp" Friday 14th to Sunday 16th December 2018
BSTHRC - "2018 Christmas Break Up Ride & Camp" Friday 14th to Sunday 16th December 2018
BSTHRC - "2018 Christmas Break Up Ride & Camp" Friday 14th...
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0427 357 941
(NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOK)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: On DAYS OF TOTAL FIRE BAN all rides are automatically cancelled. If extreme weather conditions are forecast for the day of a planned ride or event, it is your responsibility to phone the ride Coordinator to confirm if the ride is still proceeding, or if details have been changed.
Once again we are going to John Brady’s property at LOT 72 Grubbed Road, Enfield. There is ample room for camping with horses, with communal paddock available if you do not wish to erect your own yards. Members are welcome to attend for the Saturday dinner only, and/or ride on either day, but nominations indicating your intentions and any special dietary requirements are required for catering purposes. Hot showers and toilet facilities are available, as well as a sheltered gazebo for socializing and meals. The Club will provide Saturday’s night’s dinner and Sunday’s breakfast, expertly prepared by Hans and his happy helpers. The club welcomes ATHRA members from other clubs who have ridden with us during the year. Please remember to bring a camp chair for the dinner.
NOTE: All dogs must be suitably restrained at all times. PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG.
Members (and families) can arrive on Friday afternoon and set up camp, a casual ride may be organised. Saturday will involve a full day’s ride with saddle bag lunch, commencing about 10.30am so please arrive in time to saddle up and register. The ride will be followed by drinks and nibbles before the sumptuous Christmas dinner. Participants are required to provide all personal food and horse feed etc., other than the Saturday night dinner and Sunday’s breakfast. There will be a very easy ride conducted on Sunday morning before lunch and packing up. The Club will be conducting a raffle/s at the camp with great prizes. Details of “Special Dietary Requirements” should be provided when Nominating.
Horseless Muster Saturday @ approximately 10 am
Ride Out Time @ approximately 10.30 am
Ride Fee: NO CHARGE FOR BSTHRC MEMBERS - $10.00 for family and all other ATHRA members. This event is only open to Club members & families and other ATHRA Members. (No Day Members.)
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc.
1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay the ride fee when registering and sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee. They must display a blue ribbon.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and a willingness to comply.
Location & full addressLOT 72 Grubbed Road, Enfield, Victoria
Date & TimeDec 14 2018 at 02:00 PM - Dec 16 2018 at 04:00 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc