- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC -FORREST (Grand Final Weekend) CAMP Friday 28th to Sunday 30th September 2018
BSTHRC -FORREST (Grand Final Weekend) CAMP Friday 28th to Sunday 30th September 2018
BSTHRC -FORREST (Grand Final Weekend) CAMP Friday 28th to...
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at email@example.com or 0427 357 941
(NOMINATIONS NOT ACCEPTED VIA FACEBOOK)IMPORTANT NOTICE: On DAYS OF TOTAL FIRE BAN all rides are automatically cancelled. If extreme weather conditions are forecast for the day of a planned ride or event, it is your responsibility to phone the ride Coordinator to confirm if the ride is still proceeding, or if details have been changed.
An easy ride will be arranged on Friday afternoon, a more strenuous ride with saddle bag lunch on Saturday, and another ride prior to lunch on Sunday. The club plans to conduct a “games day” type session on Friday evening for those interested. Each ride will be led by an experienced Forrest Club member, the starting time to be determined and advised on the day. It is hoped that members of Forrest Club will join us on these rides.Horseless Muster thirty minutes prior to ride out time - Ride Out Time as determined.
Forrest Horse Riding Club Grounds situated at the Forrest Recreation Reserve, Yaugher Road, Vic 3236 - see directions from Magpie below, and adapt to your needs. Members may arrive after lunch on Thursday 27th January if they wish, but bear in mind that a fee of $5-00 per night applies for each night you stay. There will be an additional Club ride fee of $5-00 for the weekend. All fees to be paid in advance if attending, see instructions later in this flyer. This venue is less than 2 hour’s drive from Ballarat.
Directions to Forrest Recreation Reserve (from Magpie) as provided by Google maps. You will obviously have to adapt for your personal needs.
1. Head northeast on McDougall Dr. Go for 0.2 mi.
2. Turn left onto Midland Hwy (A300). Go for 0.6 mi.
3. Turn sharp left onto Colac-Ballarat Rd (C146) toward Colac. Go for 3.1 mi.
4. Turn right onto Colac-Ballarat Rd (C146). Go for 18.8 mi.
5. Turn slightly right onto Colac-Ballarat Rd (C146). Go for 11.5 mi.
6. Turn right onto Hamilton Hwy (B140) toward Hamilton/Colac. Go for 0.8 mi.
7. Turn left onto Colac-Ballarat Rd (C146) toward Cressy/Beeac/Colac. Go for 18.7 mi.
8. Turn left onto Ryans Rd. Go for 1.0 mi.
9. Continue on McKays Rd. Go for 2.0 mi.
10. Turn right onto Bourkes Rd. Go for 1.4 mi.
11. Continue on Trasks Rd. Go for 2.7 mi.
12. Turn left onto Colac-Forrest Rd (C154). Go for 14.8 mi.
13. Turn left onto Birregurra-Forrest Rd (C119). Go for 0.9 mi.
14. Turn right onto Yaugher Rd. Go for 0.3 mi.
15. Arrive at Yaugher Rd. Your destination is on the left.LUNCH: Subject to the weather and other exigencies, a saddle bag lunch will be required on Saturday.
Ride Fee: $5 for weekend plus $5 per night per person attending. No non-club Members or Day Members.
Bring Your Own Everything CampThis is a “BYO everything camp”, so you will have to ensure that you bring sufficient food & water (and refreshments) for humans, as well as all your horse and camping needs. The Terminus Hotel is within easy walking distance from the grounds at 2-4 Station Street Forrest, open from 12 to 11 pm, providing main meals at around $35, phone 03 5204 9704. The Forrest Brewery is also recommended, said to be cheaper, their menu can be found on their website - https://forrestbrewing.com.au/foods
NOMINATIONS & PAYMENT
The Club asks that you nominate as soon as possible, and that you pay the required amount into the Club Account with a reference to your name and number of persons accompanying you. E.g. ForrestSalter3
The Club Account is with the Bendigo Bank, BSB 633-000 – Account 155 873 003. You should also email your nomination to Alan Salter at firstname.lastname@example.org , with details of persons attending and the number of nights camping. Please note that nominations will not be accepted via Facebook.
Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc.
1. Members should become familiar with the ATHRA Code of Conduct & these BSTHRC Rules.
2. Sick horses must not be brought to Club rides or events. If you suspect your horse is ill DO NOT bring it. Members should be mindful of horse health & welfare issues and always apply appropriate biosecurity strategies.
3. All participants must pay at the time of registering, sign the Attendance Register, record their PIC number (if they have one) and provide emergency contact details.
4. BSTHRC strongly recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover. An ambulance will be called if deemed appropriate by the Trail Boss, the injured member being responsible for all expenses.
5. Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet. The Club recommends all riders wear helmets.
6. Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by a parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
7. All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
8. Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
9. All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the start of a ride.
10. Horses must be appropriately fit & conditioned for the intended ride, with adequately conditioned feet or shod. Stallions may only be used after prior approval from the Committee.
11. Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
12. Unless otherwise stated, DOGS are not permitted at rides or events.
13. All riders must adhere to these BSTHRC rules and ATHRA’s Code of Conduct.
14. Rider participation signifies understanding and acknowledgement of these Rules, and willingness to comply.
Dogs are permitted at Forrest but strict rules apply. If you wish to bring your dog please contact Alan Salter prior to nominating .
Loading content, please wait.
Location & full addressForrest Recreation Reserve, Yaugher Road, Forrest, Vic 3236
Date & TimeSep 28 2018 at 12:00 AM - Sep 30 2018 at 03:00 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc