- Ballarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc
- BSTHRC "FORREST AUSTRALIA DAY WEEKEND CAMP" - CANCELLED due to EXTREME weather conditions.
BSTHRC "FORREST AUSTRALIA DAY WEEKEND CAMP" - CANCELLED due to EXTREME weather conditions.
BSTHRC "FORREST AUSTRALIA DAY WEEKEND CAMP" - CANCELLED...
An easy ride will be arranged on Friday afternoon, a more strenuous ride with saddle bag lunch on Saturday, and another ride prior to lunch on Sunday. Lloyd Fletcher has offered to conduct a “games day” type session on Friday evening for those interested. Each ride will be led by an experienced Forrest Club member, the starting time to be determined and advised on the day. It is hoped that members of Forrest Club will join us on these rides.
Horseless Muster thirty minutes prior to ride out time - Ride Out Time as determined.
Forrest Horse Riding Club Grounds situated at the Forrest Recreation Reserve, Yaugher Road, Vic 3236 - see directions from Magpie below, and adapt to your needs. Members may arrive after lunch on Thursday 25th January if they wish, but bear in mind that a fee of $5-00 per night applies for each night you stay. There will be an additional Club ride fee of $5-00 for the weekend. All fees to be paid in advance if attending, see instructions later in this flyer.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is restricted to BSTHRC and Forrest Club Members only (& families), no exceptions.
Directions to Forrest Recreation Reserve (from Magpie) as provided by Google maps. You will obviously have to adapt for your personal needs.
1. Head northeast on McDougall Dr. Go for 0.2 mi.
2. Turn left onto Midland Hwy (A300). Go for 0.6 mi.
3. Turn sharp left onto Colac-Ballarat Rd (C146) toward Colac. Go for 3.1 mi.
4. Turn right onto Colac-Ballarat Rd (C146). Go for 18.8 mi.
5. Turn slightly right onto Colac-Ballarat Rd (C146). Go for 11.5 mi.
6. Turn right onto Hamilton Hwy (B140) toward Hamilton/Colac. Go for 0.8 mi.
7. Turn left onto Colac-Ballarat Rd (C146) toward Cressy/Beeac/Colac. Go for 18.7 mi.
8. Turn left onto Ryans Rd. Go for 1.0 mi.
9. Continue on McKays Rd. Go for 2.0 mi.
10. Turn right onto Bourkes Rd. Go for 1.4 mi.
11. Continue on Trasks Rd. Go for 2.7 mi.
12. Turn left onto Colac-Forrest Rd (C154). Go for 14.8 mi.
13. Turn left onto Birregurra-Forrest Rd (C119). Go for 0.9 mi.
14. Turn right onto Yaugher Rd. Go for 0.3 mi.
15. Arrive at Yaugher Rd. Your destination is on the left.
Total distance: 77 miles
Travel Time: 1 hour, 33 minutes, (in current traffic)
LUNCH: Subject to the weather and other exigencies, a saddle bag lunch will be required on Saturday.
$5 for weekend plus $5 per night per person attending. No non-club Members or Day Members.
This is a “BYO everything camp”, so you will have to ensure that you bring sufficient food & water (and refreshments) for humans, as well as all your horse and camping needs. The Terminus Hotel is within easy walking distance from the grounds at 2-4 Station Street Forrest, open from 12 to 11 pm, providing main meals at around $35, phone 03 5204 9704. The Forrest Brewery is also recommended, said to be cheaper, their menu can be found on their website
NOMINATIONS & PAYMENT
The Club asks that you nominate as soon as possible, and that you pay the required amount into the Club Account with a reference to your name and number of persons accompanying you. E.g. ForrestSalter3
The Club Account is with the Bendigo Bank, BSB 633-000 – Account 155 873 003. You should also email your nomination to Alan Salter at email@example.com , with details of persons attending and the nights camping. Please note that nominations should not be made via Facebook.
• Horses are to be reasonably fit, with feet adequately conditioned and / or shod.
• All riders must carry a lead rope and halter.
• Stallions by approval only.
• Breastplates and Cruppers are recommended.
• Horses known to kick must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
• Riders under 18 years must wear an approved riding helmet.
• Riders under 16 must be accompanied & supervised by parent, guardian, or an adult member nominated in writing by the parent or guardian.
• BSTHRC recommends that all riders have Ambulance cover.
• Dogs are permitted providing they are kept under control/restrained whilst riders are leaving or returning to the camp. They must be kept on a lead during meal times, but can otherwise run around. If in the view of organisers your dog/s are being a nuisance or annoying, you will be instructed to restrain them.
• All riders must adhere to the BSTHRC rules which incorporate the ATHRA Code of Conduct.
• All riders must advise the Trail Boss of any pre-existing medical condition prior to the commencement of the ride.
Enquiries & Nominations to Alan Salter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0427 357 941 – not Facebook.
Location & full addressForrest Recreation Reserve, Forrest, Victoria.
Date & TimeJan 25 2018 at 01:00 PM - Jan 28 2018 at 03:00 PM
Event AdminsBallarat Social Trail Horse Riders Club Inc