Comments will be encouraged by individuals, clubs, committees and companies via the weplan web site, where you can register as an interested party. If you have a local ranger you can discuss your questions and concerns with them and you will be able to attend community meetings but as yet the dates have not been set (we will inform you when and where they are when they are released).
This process is on going and we need to have input on all levels and encourage ATHRA Vic members to have their say.
This is a huge Parks management plan that will determine where you can ride in Victoria's National Parks for the next 10 years!
It's your right to say what you want, remember your comments will have an impact on the rest of the horse riding community. As such we have included some guidelines below that may assist you:
- Preferable if you only comment on:
- subjects that you have some knowledge of (you do not have to be an expert).
- areas and tracks that you have knowledge of.
- areas and tracks that you have an interest in (personal, historical or plan to ride/visit in the future).
- Use language that will not offend others.
- If you believe there is not/has been or might be an unacceptable environmental impact state your beliefs.
- Identify proposed track closures, are any new tracks going to be opened that will duplicate ( quality of scenery, access to same destination, will it still be a loop ride?) the proposed track closure.
- State that you believe you have equal access rights as walkers to public lands.
- If you need any help contact your Environment and Access Committee.